No. If you wish to travel to Northern Ireland, you will require a UK visa.

Northern Ireland consists of Counties Antrim, Armagh, Derry, Down, Fermanagh and Tyrone.

Ireland and the UK have different visa requirements. You should first Check if you need a Visa for Ireland.

In general, a valid UK visa does not allow travel to Ireland. 


You must show Immigration Officials at border crossings that you have a valid Irish visa.

Yes. Each child must have a visa in their own name. This applies even if the child is included on your passport. A separate Online Visa Application must be completed for each child and the relevant fee paid. The fee for a visa is the same for adults and children.

Yes. Full details of your criminal record must be provided with your application.

However, please note that a history of serious crimes, serious breaches of immigration law or presentation of false documentation or making of false statements in support of an application can, of themselves, be reasons for refusal of a visa for which an appeal may not be allowed. This is the norm in many countries.

The Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service has 8 visa offices; the Dublin Visa Office and 7 overseas offices located in China, India, Nigeria, Russia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom.

Non EEA nationals are required to seek leave to enter the State by reporting to an Immigration Officer at an Irish port of entry. The onus is on the individual to have all documentation relating to their reasons for entering Ireland for presentation to the Immigration Officer to gain entry. The Immigration Officer may grant leave to enter to a maximum period of three months. They may, depending on the documentation presented grant a lesser period than three months

You may enrol on any course that is listed on the Internationalisation Register (or Interim List of Eligible Programmes) at the time of enrolment between now and 1 March 2015 although you should take account of the fact that certain programmes on the Internationalisation Register may not fulfil the criteria for inclusion on the ILEP in to the future.

Students are advised to exercise caution in choosing a programme and ensure that the provider is of high reputation in the industry. You should ask the provider and your agent what learner protection is provided if the programme you enroll on, ceases prior to you completing the programme.

Irish Naturalisation and Immigration service, Department of Justice and Equality, 13/14 Burgh Quay, Dublin2.

All non-nationals who are not citizens of a member State of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, must register with An Garda Síochána and at all times have a valid registration certificate in the form of a GNIB Card.

Garda National Immigration Bureau, 13/14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2

From the 19th November 2012 a fee for this card is €300 and must be paid by credit card, laser card or bank giro. This fee cannot be paid by cash. You can download an information leaflet about the fees and methods of payment in the Fees Information panel on the GNIB website.

Monday to Thursday: 8.00.am. To 9.00.pm

Friday: 8.00.am to 6.00.pm.

If you are residing in the Dublin area you can renew your card at GNIB, 13/14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2.

+353 1 666 9100
+353 1 666 9101

E-mail: gnib_dv@garda.ie

If you are residing outside the Dublin area you can renew your card at your local Garda Síochána District Headquarters Station. To find out where your District Headquarters Station is, contact your local Garda Station.

You need an employer to first offer you a job which is listed on the critical skills list (visit www.deti.ie). The employer will apply for an employment permit. When it is issued, you will get a copy and then you need to apply for a visa if you are from a country which requires one.

Yes you can look to exercise your rights under the terms of the EU Treaty Rights.

Yes, you invoke your rights under the DE Facto process, once you meet all the criteria required for such permission.

Yes. Under the investor and entrepreneur schemes you can apply once you meet all the criteria required.

For All Other Questions...

Leave A Message